basketballscotland are excited to be launching a Modern Apprenticeship Programme for Clubs.
This new initiative could be an affordable opportunity to employ a member of staff whilst:
– Growing your club in the form of participation and revenue
– Developing a young person’s career aspirations
basketballscotland have established a partnership with the Sports Academy of Scotland Ltd who are working with us to deliver a Modern Apprentice training programme. They will provide the young person with support to complete an accredited SCQF qualification in Leisure Management during their employment.
This programme is designed to give participants experience of organising and delivering basketball while undertaking development and training activities which will prepare the participant for a potential management career in sports or basketball development and coaching.
Details of the programme can be found below:
basketballscotland Modern Apprenticeship Programme
Young Person Criteria
- Over 16 but under the age of 20 at the start of the programme
- Not in full time employment (can be employed elsewhere part time/evenings)
- Be involved and have an active interest in Basketball.
- Must be committed to the full year’s programme
- SVQ Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship – Leisure Management
- UKCC Levels 1 or 2 qualification
- Child Protection Training
- Access to basketball CPD courses/workshops
- Mentoring and support throughout the year
- Vocational work experience within the sports and basketball market
- Minimum 25 hours per week
- Salary – £3.70 per hour
- Line Manager/Mentor provided by Club/Organisation
Apprentices will be managed daily by the Club/Organisation they are placed with. To meet the programmes aims and objectives some of the roles successful applicants might be involved with include
- Assist with the delivery of district/regional junior training
- Assist in the delivery of school’s programmes
- Assist in the delivery of Competitions, Festivals and other events.
- Assist in delivery of Club programmes/holiday coaching camps
- Assisting in administration of the Club
- Assist in monitoring basketball activity in their area
basketballscotland are currently inviting notes of interest from organisations who are interested in joining the programme for 2018/19. Please read the accompanying Young Person Criteria below.
Note of Interest from club/organisation available HERE.