Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Basketball.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute to a large sports programme and work closely with Basketball Scotland.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening basketball in Scotland.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, budget management, strategic planning, communicating with the student participants and SGB engagement.
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Basketball Club captains at the start of the year to share plans for the year
- Recruit student members for the Basketball Development Group
- Chair the Development Group, up to 4 meetings per year, and oversee group members project work
- Manage Basketball Sport Development Plan
- Promote student basketball competitions and opportunities to clubs
- Oversee Basketball programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
- Develop Student Basketball calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator & Basketball Scotland
- Oversee appointment of coaching team and team manager for National Squad programme
- Promote National Squad programme to all student clubs
- Work with Team Manager to identify suitable playing programme for National Squad
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Basketball Club captains at the end of the year to review and to plan for the following year
- Other tasks as identified by Basketball Development Plan
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience of student basketball in Scotland
- Knowledge of basketball landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chairs’ Training day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
Any other Requirements
- Driving licence desired
- Coaching or Officiating qualifiaction preferred
Application is by cover letter and CV and should be sent to Ben Philip, Head of Competitions, no later than 5pm on Sunday, 17th June 2018.