Digital Communications Officer
The Digital Communications Officer will develop and deliver content for basketballscotland’s social media, website and other channels. We are looking for an ambitious individual who is keen to learn. The Digital Communications Officer will follow an existing communications plan, however they will be supported to develop their ability to build communications plans and strategies.
Working closely with colleagues across the organisation, the Digital Communications Officer will be responsible for creating content, presenting it in an engaging way across our existing and future digital channels, and marketing the sport in a positive, attractive manner.
Digital Communications Officer will perform the following duties.
- Manage and expand our social media presence, sourcing and sharing stories and key information from across the sport.
- Deliver engaging social media content that excites and inspires the next generation of basketball fan in Scotland.
- Delivery of Game of the Week, including preview articles, live content during the game, and reaction after games
- Produce content across all media that supports our key messages.
- Support the growth of the basketballscotland brand, ensuring consistency across all internal and external communications with all partners.
Website / Performance Reporting
- Manage and deliver regular website updates including but not limited to case-studies, stories and content.
- Produce regular reports on reach to external stakeholders including CashBack for Communities.
- Market the sport and generate leads for potential commercial partnerships.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to assist their development and the promotion of the sport of basketball.
- Maintain a high standard for copy and content that highlights basketballscotland’s member clubs throughout.
- Perform other duties as required to support the development of the organisation.
The key challenge of the role is to develop digital communications across the organisation, engaging our audience and stakeholders with exciting content for basketballscotland. Furthermore, the digital communications officer will enhance the reach of basketball in Scotland and increase the appeal of the sport to existing, and future partners.
The Person Specification for this position is detailed in the table below.
The post will report to and be line-managed by the Head of Operations.
Applicants should send an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating their suitability for the role in line with the person specification to the address below.
Examples of recent work produced should also be provided.
All applications should be received in office by close of play, Monday 11th February. Late applications will not be considered. Applicants will be notified within one week of closing if they are required for interview. It is anticipated interviews will be conducted week beginning 18th February.
Applications should be marked ‘Private and Confidential’ and sent to…
Post: Human Resources Manager, basketballscotland, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh EH12 9DQ
Qualifications and Experience.
|A professional qualification or degree in a sports, journalism or communications-related field.
a minimum of two years’ professional experience in a marketing and communications role.
A professional qualification in marketing.
Qualification and experience of utilising Content Management Systems.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
||Demonstrable experience of creating/managing digital communication strategies.
Previous experience of creating content, specifically for online platforms.
Ability to develop engaging content.
Ability to influence and manage a range of partners and stakeholders, including colleagues and managers.
Ability to plan, prioritise and manage a busy workload.
Knowledge and understanding of sport.
Ability to maintain positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Ability to produce and edit video content.
|Knowledge of digital content.
Experience using photo-shop or similar.
Ability to produce and edit video content.
Experience in volunteer management.
Experience of developing a brand.
Experience of managing corporate relationships.
Knowledge of basketball.
|Disposition and Personal Qualities.
||Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to work under your own initiative.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Exceptional attention to detail and pride in ensuring high quality service.
Ability to develop rapport quickly and build relationships.
The ability to show initiative, solve problems and a focus on achieving results.
Self-motivated, energetic, confident, creative and enthusiastic.
|Ability to lead others and to influence culture change.
Passion for sport.
Terms and Conditions
- This position will be appointed on permanent contract, subject to continuous funding.
- Hours of work.
- Full Time – 37.5 Hours per week. The hours or work are flexible around the requirements of the post.
The salary for this position is tbc.
Annual leave entitlement is 22 days increasing to 25 days after 1 year service, plus 10 public holidays.
basketballscotland will offer employees auto enrolled pensions in line with government regulations.
Place of work
This post will be based at basketballscotland, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh EH12 9DQ.