To administer and develop the basketballscotland’s membership system, processes and benefits, the Membership Development Officer will work to improve existing processes, data and reporting. The role will also be responsible for maintaining and developing key policies, including Child Protection and Equality.
Position in Organisation
Reports To: Participation Manager
Direct Reports: n/a
Budget Responsibilities: n/a
- Administer and improve the basketballscotland membership systems and processes.
- Administer and maintain key basketballscotland’s policies and procedures, including Child Protection and Equality
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Membership Systems and Processes
- Maintain accurate membership records and provide support and advice to clubs and individuals using the basketballscotland systems.
- Monitor membership figures and develop creative techniques to best utilise this information to develop and grow basketball in Scotland
- Provide regular reports to assist with monitoring and reporting and to inform planning in order to meet key basketballscotland objectives
- Recommend improvements to the efficiency of processes across all areas of the business, in particular around the membership system
- Development of the Azolve Membership system to improve efficiency of systems and processes
- Club Services Support
- Support the development of relationships with clubs, working alongside the Regional Team
- Develop systems, processes and reporting that support and inform clubs.
- Policy & Process Development
- Administer and maintain basketballscotland’s Child Protection policies and procedures
- Lead the Equality Team to ensure basketballscotland are developing their Equality Policy and relevant processes
- Recommend improvements to the efficiency of administrative processes across all areas of the business
- Provide prior and post support for events and occasional on-day delivery support of events
- Support the delivery of external reporting and data analysis to stakeholders (including sportscotland and CashBack)
The Person Specifications for this position are detailed in the table below.
Applicants should send an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating their suitability for the role in line with the person specification to the address below.
All applications should be received by 09:00 on Monday 20th May. Late applications will not be considered. Applicants will be notified within one week of closing if they are required for interview. It is anticipated interviews will be conducted week beginning 27th May.
Applications should be marked ‘Private and confidential’ and sent to:
|Qualifications and Attainments
||A relevant qualification in a business administration or sport related field
a minimum of two years’ experience working in sport
|Formal qualifications in administration, sport or similar
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
||Efficient and accurate administration skills, excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
Excellent planning and organising skills
Ability to implement and review processes
Ability to collate, analyse and interpret relevant data
Able to maintain positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
The ability to move between projects and quickly pick up requirements
Highly developed interpersonal skills, alongside strong written and verbal communication skills
Able to use own initiative and focus on achieving results
|Knowledge of membership systems and their applications for sport
Experience creating and writing a range of reports to a range of audiences
Data entry skills
||Exceptional attention to detail and pride in ensuring high quality service
Has a ‘solutions-focused’ mindset and a positive outlook
The ability to work with little supervision
Self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
Excellent customer services, including communicating confidently, whilst being patient and resolving customer problems and issues.
|An interest in sport
Strong interest in pursuing their own continual professional development
Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
Terms and Conditions
The post will be appointed on a permanent basis with a six month probationary period.
The salary scale for this position is £17,550 – 19,000* per annum
*This will be dependent on experience and will be agreed upon with the successful candidate
Annual leave entitlement is 25 days per annum plus 10 public holidays pro rata
basketballscotland will offer employees auto enrolled pensions in line with government regulations
Hours of Work
Full time – 37.5 Hours per week
Place of Work
This post will be based at basketballscotland, Caledonia House South Gyle Edinburgh EH12 9DQ