An exciting voluntary opportunity has arisen for the position of Assistant Coach to the U18 Scotland Wheelchair Basketball squad. The squad is preparing for this Summer’s British Wheelchair Basketball National Junior Championships.
An overview for the programme and key dates are listed below:
- 18th May – Bathgate Academy
- 22nd June – Armadale Academy
- 20th July – Bathgate Academy
Skills Session & Junior League:
- 8th June – Dundee
- July – tbc
- 2nd – 4th August, Worcester, England
Listed below is an overview of role and expectations:
- Engage SCO potential players and coaches by attending SBC + Junior league games
- Assist in the creation of a depth chart of players, based on position and team fit
- Assist in the delivery of the programme as directed by the Head Coach
- Contact and build rapport with players regarding their individual player development
- Scout the opposition for BWB competition
- Attend training sessions, pre-comp and main BWB Competition
- Atend basketballscotland coaching clinics
If you are interested, please provide the following within your expression of interest:
- Motivation behind your interest
- Your experience and qualifications, where appropriate to the role
- What you’ll bring to the basketballscotland Performance Programme
Please note that the above should not exceed one side of A4.
Closing date is: Friday 10th May 2019
basketballscotland will review applications, engage with potential staff and seek to appoint the successful candidate by Friday 17th May 2019.
Please send expressions of interest to basketballscotland’s Disability Talent & Pathways Manager, Tina Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject YNT Wheelchair Recruitment.