To lead the delivery of CashBack for Communities programmes, to meet long term outcomes for the Grampian Region. Support the development of the basketball pathway; including youth competition, coach & official education and any other development opportunities.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: National Development Manager
Budget Responsibilities: Responsible for Grampian regional budget
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- CashBack Schools of Basketball (CSoB)
- Plan, manage and delivery the CashBack Schools of Basketball
- Lead and manage the delivery of sessions
- Support appropriately qualified coaches in partnership with relevant stakeholders to maintain standards of delivery in line with national curriculum
- Work in partnership with associate clubs to ensure strong school to club links with CSoBs within your region
- Monitor and Evaluate the progress of the participants within your CSoBs and report monthly to National Development Manager on attendance, attainment & behaviour
- Regional Development Leagues
- Support the delivery of basketballscotland regional development leagues in partnership with relevant staff and clubs
- Work with clubs to make the regional development structures both cost effective and self-sustaining
- Delivery of ‘Make it Happen’
- In partnership with basketballscotland Coaching Development Manager, deliver a programme of educational opportunities to support the growth of basketball within your region
- Club Support
- Regular (fortnightly) conversations with each of the clubs in the region
- Solve the issues presented by the clubs, or liaise with relevant member of basketballscotland to ensure suitable conclusion reached
- Development of Young Leaders & Regional Crew
- Identify, recruit, develop and retain young people as coaches, officials, and volunteers within your region to support the delivery of your regional programmes. These include CashBack Schools of Basketball, Regional Development League, and Basketball Crew Events
Undertake all other activities as directed by basketballscotland
The Person Specifications for this position are detailed in the table below.
Applicants should apply by submitting a C.V. and Cover Letter, outlining their suitability for the role.
Please complete the Equity form found here as part of the application process.
All applications should be received in office by 17:00 Wednesday 5th June. Late applications will not be considered. Applicants will be notified within one week of closing if they are required for interview.
Applications should be marked ‘Private and Confidential’ and sent by email to:
|Qualifications and Attainments
||A relevant qualification in a sport-related field
A minimum of two years’ professional experience working in a sporting or related environment
|A formal qualification in sports development
|Work & Other Experience
||Strong knowledge of national sports development structures and programmes
Demonstrated ability to engage partners and build strong, long term relationships
Experience in managing projects and delivering to a plan
Experience in working with and supporting a network of volunteers
Experience of working in fast paced environment
|A working knowledge of the specific requirements of basketball environment
Previous experience in or knowledge of basketballscotland pathways
||Exceptionally well planned and organised.
Maintain positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including volunteers
Manage and deliver multiple projects
Excellent computing skills, including Microsoft Office
Knowledge of safeguarding, child protection and equality frameworks and processes
Highly developed interpersonal skills, alongside strong written and verbal communication skills
|An understanding of Long-term outcomes from CashBack for Communities Principles
||Passionate about sports development
Ability to use initiative and work with limited supervision
Positive, self-motivated, solution-focused and enthusiastic
|High level of self-awareness and committed to your own development
Terms and Conditions
The post will be appointed on a 9 month fixed term basis, concluding on the 31st March 2020
The salary scale for this position is £21,000 – £24,000*
*This will be dependent on experience and will be agreed upon with the successful candidate
Annual leave entitlement is 25 days per annum plus 10 public holidays pro rata
basketballscotland will offer employees auto enrolled pensions in line with government regulations
Hours of Work
Full time – 37.5 Hours per week
Place of Work
This post will be based at the sportscotland Regional Partnership office in Aberdeen.
There is an expectation that the candidate will have the ability to transport themselves throughout the region to fulfil their responsibilities.