- To lead the organisational, technical, tactical, physical and emotional development of Lady Rocks players in the Women’s British Basketball League (WBBL)
- To influence a positive team culture where members are valued and players are inspired to consistently achieve their potential.
- To create and implement high quality training and preparations, ensuring we are competitive within the WBBL
- To support the development of players within the wider club pathway
- To encourage and mentor aspiring coaches, supporting individual coach development by creating and nurturing opportunity
- To work in collaboration with appropriate staff on recruitment and rosters
- Line-managed by High Performance Manager
- To utilise effective teaching and coaching strategies (on and off court), to enhance individual player and coach development and team performance
- Contribute to the recruitment process for assistant coach and support staff
- To lead and manage the work programmes of assistants and support staff
- To lead team training and small group sessions within the playing squad
- To collaborate with the appointed support staff to utilise the latest sports science techniques and methods to ensure the highest quality of sports science/medicine services and technical support are well planned in support of all players
- To work closely with our partners, including basketballscotland, sportscotland, GB Basketball and the WBBL
- To manage and build positive relationships as required with other professional clubs in Britain and Europe, NCAA & other club coaches, with a view to growing the club programme
- To contribute to and maintain a successful and professional image and profile for Lady Rocks, both domestically and internationally, including engaging in media briefings and publicity of performance activity
- Effective leadership with a proven track record in a high performance / international / professional basketball environment. Be acknowledged by players and coaching staff as having expert knowledge and credibility
- Committed to personal development and a willingness to embrace daily 360 degree feedback from the High Performance Manager and Club Management Team.
- Strong mentoring skills, with a proven track record of developing players and coaches
- A skilful and persuasive communicator with a deep understanding of world class basketball performance and the needs of high-performance
- Maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Understanding players and coaches needs, maintaining motivation across players and coaching staff
- Sound inter-personal skills to unleash potential within individuals
- Skilled in fostering productive relationships with high performance staff and coaches, encouraging creative thinkers and contributors
- Ability to contribute to a positive culture and club environment
- Willing to work irregular hours and when needed travel extensively both domestically and internationally, with overnight stays and weekend work
- Work with integrity and be fair, equitable and ethical in approach, whilst applying confidentiality when necessary
- Adhere to club policies
PRELIMINARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS*
The salary for this position is £30,000 – £35,000. Starting salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. Contract dates will be July 2022 – June 2023.
The club will provide the Head Coach with accommodation and a car for the duration of the contract. Club kit will also be issued to be worn at all coaching engagements. For team travel, overnight accommodation (when required) and food will also be provided. The Club will also provide a Gym membership and CPD (Continuous Professional Development) allowance.
Annual leave entitlement is 25 days.
Lady Rocks will contribute to a pension scheme.
The post is a season long full-time contract with a probationary period of three months.
Hours of work
The employee’s standard working week is currently 35 hours, excluding a lunch break of 30 minutes each day.
The post does not qualify for overtime payments.
*subject to negotiation and final agreement