basketballscotland we want children and young people to stay safe and have fun while taking part in basketball. Everyone involved in basketballscotland has a duty to safeguard the welfare of all children in their care.

basketballscotland has made a commitment to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation. This duty extends to the prevention of physical, sexual or emotional abuse of any child and shall be applied regardless of a child’s gender, race, religion, sexuality or disability.

basketballscotland is registered with Volunteer Services Disclosure Scotland. Individuals carrying out regulated work with children within basketballscotland must be members of the PVG Scheme. All Junior basketball clubs and teams affiliated to basketballscotland will be required to ensure that all their coaches and staff are PVG checked before entering any basketballscotland competitions.

The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 introduced the PVG Scheme for those in regulated work with children and protected adults. Disclosure Scotland holds a Children’s List and an Adult’s List of individuals barred from regulated work with children and/or protect adults.

PVG Scheme Application Form Request 

CLICK HERE for all Safeguarding Policies and Procedures for Clubs

Please click on the links below if you wish to view the basketballscotland child protection policy,  code of conduct, concerns about staff and concerns about children:

Child Wellbeing and Protection Policy (2021)

Code of Conduct

Anti-Bullying Harassment Policy

Concerns about staff

Concerns about children

For a  further detailed pack on basketballscotland’s procedures with regards to Child Protection on recruitment and training of staff and disciplinary procedures, please contact our Child Protection Officer.

Our lead Child Protection Officer at basketballscotland is:

Linda Gordon 


For general help and advice you can contact:

Safeguarding in Sport:


Where a child’s immediate safety is at risk contact the local police or social work department for advice. Links to local services can be found here