UKCC Level 2
UKCC Level 2
Description: basketballscotland have recently re-developed the Level 2 course to focus on the individual coach and the players they work with. We hope that this method of delivery will encourage coaches to progress onto L2 as the 1:1 delivery will help develop the person as an individual whilst still working from a syllabus.
Prerequisites: Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age on day 1 of the course. Hold the UKCC Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Basketball or equivalent. Have evidence of having successfully attended the sports coach UK Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop or equivalent prior to certification. Have evidence of having successfully attended an appointed persons first aid course or equivalent prior to certification.
Delivery: The delivery method of this course follows a blended learning approach. Candidates will be expected to follow the following delivery;
- Pre-course E-Learning Modules
- One full day attendance at course venue
- Post Course E-Learning modules
- Three club visits. Your allocated coach developer will come to your session to work through a syllabus and create an action plan for your development.
Cost: £140 subsidy price. £350 full price. Coaches will be asked to pay the subsidised price at the time of booking, however will be liable for the remainder if the subsidy is declined.
basketballscotland will apply for subsidy on your behalf and will pass your details to sportscotland for consideration.
What to expect: The Face to Face day of this course is fully practical. Candidates attending this course will be expected to take part in a number of basketball drills and games. Anyone unable to take part should advise basketballscotland or their tutor at the beginning of the course.
What is covered: It is designed to teach candidates how to develop an understanding of:
- generic coaching skills
- basketball-specific coaching skills (based on the BBF Club Skills Guide)
- coach and performer/player development
- basic rules/laws of basketballs
What are the Outcomes: On successful completion of the courses, candidates will be able to:
- establish a safe, effective, fair and equitable coaching environment
- Analyse participants needs and establish goals for coaching sessions
- Prepare Deliver and Evaluate plans for sessions that support participants development
- establish and maintain working relationships with participants and others
Candidates should have completed their E-Learning modules and OneFile Tasks throughout the course. Then within your individual visits your coach developer will assess your competencies based on the set L2 criteria. They will discuss your session and provide feedback to help you create a coaching action plan leading to sign off on the final visit.
All sections must be completed to pass the course. Your results will then be sent to SQA and your certificate will be processed.
Candidates will be provided with access to OneFile. All useful documents are held on this site for you to refer to both during and after the course.