AT OUR HEART
What is At Our Heart?
We are excited to launch At Our Heart, a club support and endorsement tool which is a way to improve, celebrate and recognise your club in areas which they succeed in, care about and are central to everything the club does, hence, ‘At Our Heart’.
We have purposefully made this tool simple for clubs to get involved with. The areas of the game which can be supported, improved and celebrated are:
Our club –
- Is Well Run (the entry point)
- Is a Good Place to Play
- Develops People
- Is Engaged in our Community
- Supports Player Potential
- Makes a Difference to People’s Lives
- Is Inclusive
The At Our Heart journey is straightforward and designed to be easy for the club. There are 6 steps to the At Our Heart journey:
- The club’s leadership group agree what endorsement the club would like to take forward
- Ensure a working group is created within your club to achieve this endorsement, helping to support a ‘whole club’ approach
- Arrange a meeting to speak to Adam (email@example.com) to detail your interest and hear more detail about the journey
- Informally pitch to basketballscotland how the club see themselves achieving the endorsement
- Should it be taken forward, agree an action plan with basketballscotland to implement prior to an endorsement being achieved
- Once the endorsement has been achieved the ongoing process will include regular quality assurance, ensuring standards remain high. Again, this process is designed to be supportive, so if there was an issue with standards, it would be highlighted and where helpful, support would be provided to overcome the challenge.
Why At The Heart?
Clubs are at the heart of basketballscotland. They are vital to increasing participation, improving performance, identifying talent, developing people, delivering opportunities for the benefit of their local community and allowing people to experience enjoyment through basketball. At Our Heart will aim to support, improve, recognise and celebrate clubs across the areas that are important to them, or are close to the heart to each club.
How to get Involved
For an initial conversation to see how your club can get involved or to find our more, contact Adam: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Word from basketballscotland
“At Our Heart is an opportunity for the basketball club to obtain support and improve in core areas which matter to them. It is also an opportunity for your club and basketballscotland to celebrate areas which your club cares about and are close to the heart of your club. There are 7 core areas, known as endorsements, for your club to achieve in.
Clubs have fed back to us that they may use the ‘Our Club is Well Run’ endorsement in their welcome letter to parents, as there are assurances for parents that the club meets safeguarding standards. This alone is a great resource for clubs. Achieving this entry point endorsement allows the club to seek endorsement in the other 6 areas. The process of obtaining the entry point endorsement is simple as we recognise the time pressures of volunteers in our sport.
We will offer clubs support to improve in areas that matter to them by designing a plan to bring to life. Once a plan has been agreed and implemented, we will endorse you club in that area, celebrating your success. After the plan has been completed will work with club to ensure they keep their standards high allowing them to keep hold of their endorsement.”
– Adam Szymoszowskyj, National Development Manager